The California Department of Insurance has created a “one-stop” resource for wildfire information on its Wildfire Response and Readiness web page.
Through its Wildfire Data and Analysis on Wildfires and Insurance, the Department can identify trends affecting the insurance market.
The page includes:
- Annual residential insurance policy count data from 2015-2021
- Wildfire risk reporting information
- Statewide commercial data
- Insurance companies currently offering home and community hardening incentives
- “Home Insurance Finder” for insurance companies that write in higher fire risk areas, among other information