Washington, D.C. – The Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) today announced targeted changes to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac’s (the Enterprises) guarantee fee pricing by eliminating upfront fees for certain borrowers and affordable mortgage products, while implementing targeted increases to the upfront fees for most cash-out refinance loans.
- First-time homebuyers at or below 100 percent of area median income (AMI) in most of the
- United States and below 120 percent of AMI in high-cost areas;
- HomeReady and Home Possible loans (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac’s flagship affordable mortgage programs);
- HFA Advantage and HFA Preferred loans; and
- Single-family loans supporting the Duty to Serve program.
Read the full article at FHFA.gov